How often have you felt scared with or without a reason? Or maybe made plans with your friends and then just wanted to stay home? Do you end up thinking endlessly about a scenario in your head and then feel a hot flush? If the answer to these questions is “Yes! frequently!!”. Then you might be struggling with Anxiety.
No, it is not a life-threatening situation. Everyone faces anxiety at one point in life, some tend to experience it more frequently than others. However, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t look for ways to treat it. In case your anxiety is overwhelming, you can Buy Xanax Online and take it based on the advice of a doctor.
To cope with Anxiety one has to know what anxiety is.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is the body’s natural response to stress. When you have an exam to write or a long-overdue project. It is a feeling of fear or a general feeling of worry that can occur before a big event like a job interview. It is extremely normal to feel anxious especially with the life-threatening pandemic that always keeps us on edge. It is also vital to recognize your symptoms early and go for treatment before they become an obstruction in your daily life.
Symptoms to look out for-
- Increased heart rate – This happens when your heart starts beating faster than usual and you can feel your heart rate rise more than usual.
- Rapid breathing – Since breathing is an automatic process, you will notice the irregularity in breathing patterns that could be a sign of anxiety.
- Restlessness – This is when you can’t sit still in one place or if you have to continuously fidget with something like your clothes or play with your fingers
- Trouble concentrating – When you have a task to finish but your mind keeps hovering in another place could also be a sign of anxiety.
- Difficulty falling asleep – This is the most common symptom if you’re an over-thinker for instance, it can be tough to fall asleep if you have an important flight to catch.
- Dry mouth – This is when you’re not thirsty but your mouth feels dry nonetheless.
- Chills or hot flashes – When you suddenly feel hot even if you are in a fully air-conditioned room or suddenly feel cold when you are in a cozy warm room.
- Irritability – When you feel irritated towards a person, thing, or even a situation you’re in and you can’t control it.
- Feeling of isolation – This mostly happens to people who have social anxiety but can also happen otherwise when you don’t want to meet people in general which could at times be because of the fear of judgment.
- Nervousness – Before a big event like meeting your family or a long-distance friend after a really long time can easily trigger anxiety
Anxiety is a feeling of overwhelming apprehension, worry, distress, or fear it can interfere with daily activities such as schoolwork or jobs and even household chores. The environment or a situation causing stress as well as overthinking can also play a significant role in triggering anxiety. After understanding the symptoms, it becomes easier to understand and inculcate the best possible way to overcome your anxiety. However, if your symptoms worsen with time then you can Buy Ativan Online and take it based on the advice of a doctor.
Ways to Overcome Anxiety-
- Getting enough sleep – 8 hours of sleep is a must for an adult not only to function properly but, also for the body to recover from the entire day.
- Meditating – Meditating helps you control your breathing and also helps you calm your mind making it easier to deal with situations.
- Staying active and exercising – When you are active and exercise, your body releases a feel-good hormone called Dopamine that can make you feel more in control of your emotions.
- Eating a healthy diet – A healthy diet is a key to a healthy life. In case of anxiety, try adding salmon, chamomile, turmeric, dark chocolate, yogurt, and green tea to your diet.
- Avoiding alcohol – Alcohol might seem like the perfect way to cope with anxiety as it would make you feel more relaxed but it is not a good solution in the long run as one can easily become dependent on it.
- Avoiding cigarettes – Research has shown that smoking increases anxiety and tension. Cigarettes contain nicotine that creates an immediate sense of relaxation but this is temporary and highly addictive.
- Maintaining a healthy sleep cycle – Sleeping and waking up at a set time brings order to life that in turn would make you more productive so deadlines in the office or in school won’t make you anxious.
- Picking up a hobby you’re interested in – Sometimes you can feel anxious with the monotony of life. If that is the case then you should try taking up a hobby or adding a new activity in your life which also works as a great distraction from anxiety.
- Going for a walk in nature – Nature is said to be a human’s best friend. It would help if you take a walk in a park so you may feel less anxious with the fresh air around you.
- Avoiding caffeine – Caffeine doesn’t cause anxiety but it plays a significant role in worsening the symptoms like increased heart rate and restlessness which is why it is best to avoid caffeinated drinks and food.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – A psychotherapist will walk you through ways to deal with your anxiety by identifying the source and finding ways to overcome it.
- Medicines – In case your anxiety continues to persist then it would be wise to consult a psychiatrist who would prescribe you medicines to control your anxiety. You can Ativan based on the advice of your doctor. You can also easily Xanax as it is a drug that helps cure anxiety quicker.
- Support groups – At times talking about the things that make you anxious or listening to people with similar issues might help with your anxiety.